Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zoo, Pizza and Cupcakes

When Jeff, the fam, were here we took a day to go to the National Zoo, get pizza and then get cupcakes in DC! It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun (of course)!











 Pizza!!!!! As you can see we didn't get just any old pizza.  We got jumbo slice pizza.  There are two places in DC that were featured on Food Wars (I think) where people had to decide which place had the better jumbo slice pizza, Pizza Mart or Jumbo Slice. Creative names, huh? Anyway, Dan and I have tried both before, but I thought it would be fun if all of us went to decide which one was better. Unfortunately only Pizza Mart was open at the time. It was soooo goood though....

 Unfortunately I was too busy eating pizza to take any more pictures and this was all I got! Next it was off to Georgetown Cupcake. This place is where the show DC Cupcakes takes place. It was fun to go there, see the tiny shop and eat cupcakes. I bought 6 for Dan and I to try and share...Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Banana, Key Lime, Coconut and Chocolate Ganache. They were pretty good. (I have since not been eating like that and getting back in shape!)



 Cohen would not take his eyes off this cupcake.  (I think he has his father's love for sweets!)


 Uncle Jeff gave him some frosting and left a little evidence on his lips! 

Thanks guys for the fun day! (Unfortunately, Dan couldn't come with because he had to work!)

Love, 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment