Sunday, December 12, 2010

10 Days to go...

Really? Our little guy will arrive in 10 days or less! It is a little hard to believe that we are finally there. I am so ready! Well, I think so anyway. I'm ready to meet him and see what he looks like, and  I'm ready to hold in my arms instead of my belly. :) Overall, I am still feeling pretty good. I  feel a bit achy,  and my hands and feet are swollen. I get tired very easily and don't feel like doing anything when I get home from work, but I guess that is all normal!

I made no progress at my appointment last week. It was somewhat disappointing, but as long as he is doing well in there I won't kick him out! He definitely gets his patience from his Dad and not me. Hopefully we'll find out something interesting at our appointment on Tuesday. I'm also hoping that we will know what time they scheduled me to be induced on the 22nd. They said last week that it was too early to schedule it with the hospital.

On Friday, our work had a baby shower for us. It was very nice and thoughtful. We had cake and ice cream and some people got us gifts. We got a lot of nice clothes, some gift cards and a few other miscellaneous items. It was fun, but I just don't really like being the center of attention. Blah. Plus, it was suppose to be a surprise, but someone spilled the beans a little before. So I had to act surprise, which is not something I am good at. Anyway, I am thankful for those who took the time out of their day to celebrate with us.  It means a lot to us.

Let's see..what else is going on here. Not much really. Just taking things one day at a time. The goal now is to keep this little guy in until Wednesday.  With the Monday night football games and the Lakers game Tuesday night and am not allowed to have him until Wednesday. I'll try my best, but I make no promises! :)

Not the best picture, but this is what I usually look like on a lazy football Sunday! I'm in no mood to try to impress anyone! And I got a haircut. It was intended to be longer than this, but the woman just kept chopping it off. It will be easier with the baby comes, but my hair was the longest I've ever had it. Oh well, it's a nice change of pace.


Hope you all are doing well! For those in Minnesota...hope you had a nice weekend with the snow! :)

Love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. You look SO great Katie! I know you dont feel great, but you do! I love the haircut! We cannot wait to hear of this little guy, Kallen cant wait to meet a new friend (Daddy doesnt allow boyfriends)!!

    We will be praying for you - talk to you soon!

    Love, Josh, Angie & Kallen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair and baby bump! Enjoy these last few days since it's the last time you'll have the little guy in your belly. I'm so happy for you and Dan...you're going to love being parents. : )

    ReplyDelete