Monday, March 7, 2011

Cohen's First Trip to Minnesota

Last week Dan, Cohen and I flew back to Minnesota to visit our families. We left on Wednesday and came back on Monday. It was a busy but extrememly fun trip! I have a lot of pictures to share so I'll break them out into different posts! First up...Cohen's first airplane ride!

Cohen and I at the airport. The toughest part was going through secuirity. We just had so much stuff. And trying to take your shoes off and put everything through the machine was just a little stressful. Thankfully, there was a nice TSA agent who helped us! I carried Cohen through the airport in the baby carrier. It was nice because I still had both hands free and he was much easier to carry that way. Plus, Dan had to carry the car seat and base. It was much lighter without Cohen in it! Anyway, getting to the gate wasn't too bad!


Cohen fell asleep before the plane took off. He slept for about the first half of the flight.

Then he woke up and was smiling and laughing!


Cohen and Dad! So sweet...and then we smelled something a little funky.  Cohen had definitely pooped! I asked the flight attendant if they had a area where I could change his diaper. Turns out that there is a changing table in the bathroom! I had no idea. It is very small and above the toilet. Weird. Anyway, Cohen didn't even really fit on it. I had to lay him on there diagonally and his head still hit the top. Plus, the situation was a bit messier than I had expected. There was poop all up his back and on his clothes. I didn't even think about bringing a change of clothes into the bathroom. So I cleaned him up (as he is screaming and the plane is swaying back and forth) and carried him out half naked so I could get him new clothes. Dan helped me change him in our seats. I'm glad that our seats were close to the bathroom. Wooo! What an experience!


Then Cohen had a bottle until we landed.

The little guy checking out Minnesota.

Overall, it was a very good flight and Cohen did awesome! We were so proud of him!

Love, Katie

1 comment:

  1. It was so great seeing you!

    We miss you, hope your transition back to work goes well!

    ReplyDelete