Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Weekend With Mickey

Dan and I spent Labor Day weekend at Disneyworld. Like always we had a blast. Usually , when we go we are running around like crazy. It is obviously a little harder for me these days, but I think that I was a trooper..until the last day. My feet were hurting so bad! After a little convincing we rented me a wheelchair! It was great. Dan was a little embarrassed pushing me around, but it was either that or going back to the hotel. We did all of our favorite things. Well, I couldn't do everything, but I didn't mind resting my feet and waiting for Dan to go on a ride or two.



We got up early on Saturday morning and headed to Hollywood Studios. We got some pictures with Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Donald and Daisy when we walked in and then headed to Toy Story Mania. We got some Fast Passes and then went on the ride. I am disappointed to say that Dan beat me all 3 times we played. I think my baby bump got in the way! :)  Then we just walked around for a bit and eventually went to Epcot for lunch. One of our favorite places to eat is at Epcot in China. They have the best Orange Chicken. Mmmm! We did lots at Epcot. Dan's friend, Lauren, who he worked with on his College program met us there that afternoon.  We saw the show Captain EO. Some of you may remember it if you visited Disney back in the day.  Dan remembered from when he was a kid. It is a 3-D show starring Michael Jackson. Dan still loved it., and I agree. We ended up going to see it 2 more times on our trip. Anyway, we then went to a new restaurant in Italy to eat. They had some great pizza! Then went to Downtown Disney for a stop at Goofy's Candy shop. Yum! You can pick a treat (caramel apple, pretzel rods, gingerbread man, rice krispie treat or marshmallows), have it dipped in some sort of chocolate and then topped with your favorite toppings. It is one of our favorite things to do! I got pretzel rods, dipped in white chocolate, sprinkled with coconut and drizzled with milk chocolate. Dan got a gingerbread man, dipped in milk chocholate, sprinkled with coconut and drizzled in dark chocolate. I think Lauren got a caramel apple, dipped in some kind of chocolate with cinnamon and sugar. They were all really good! We spent the rest of the night shopping!


In Mexico with Donald

Outside the Captain EO show!


Lauren and Dan with their treats from Goofy's.

Sunday...we got up early and got to Magic Kingdom when they opened. I love their opening show. It always makes me a little teary-eyed when all the characters come out! Anyway, we got into the park, got some fast passes for Space Mountain (for Dan, don't worry I didn't go on it). We went on some other rides, got some pictures with characters, ate, got pineapple floats :), then went back to the hotel room for some naps. Then we went to meet my friend, Laurie and her boyfriend, Branden at the Polynesian hotel for dinner. We just ate a quick service restaurant there, but it was really good! Then we went back to Magic Kingdom to watch the parade and fireworks. We stayed until Midnight riding rides and shopping. It was a great day




My shirt was a big hit. It says "Embrace your bump" and it has Mickey wrapping around holding my bump.


Dan, Me, Lauren, Laurie and Branden waiting for the firewors to start.


Monday...we again got up early. Surprising, huh? We headed to Animal Kingdom. Our first stop was the Safari. It was so much fun. The animals were all over and really active.  Then we went on the Safari again! Then we went to see some characters. We met 8 characters (Mickey, Minnie, Thumper, Goofy, Donald, Chip, Dale and Pocahantas) in a half an hour. It was great. We did a few other things...Expedition Everest, Rafiki's planet watch, (to visit Laurie at work) and watched the Lion King show, which is a must see everytime we go. Here are some pictures from the Safari!





A giraffe scratching his head on a tree..ha

Mama and baby elephant...so little!

Ostriches make Dan laugh....they are pretty silly looking.

Then we headed out back to Epcot, where we picked up a wheelchair (my feet were thankful!), ate orange chicken again at China, watched our last two shows of Captain EO and then back to Hollywood studios where it started to downpour! I held our umbrella over Dan and I while he pushed me in the wheelchair. Not an easy task, but it worked out..kind of.  We watched the Beauty and the Beast show and then went to the final show of the American Idol Experience. We rounded out the night by one last round at Toy Story Mania. We headed to our hotel and to bed to wake up early... I mean early! Our flight left Tuesday morning at 7:20 am so we had to be on the Magical Express at 4:15am. Wooo...that was our vacation in a nutshell! What a weekend!

Love,
Katie


1 comment:

  1. Haha... I like your shirt! It must be rough traveling 20x a year!

    ReplyDelete