Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby Jonas

Wow..two posts in one day! I know you are proud! This one is all about the new addition that will arrive in December...or January! Since this is my first post about the baby, I will try to recap as much as I can.

Dan and I were somewhat planning to have a baby, but it happened quicker than expected! It happened right away, but I am so grateful for that. Especially, when I started to feel better and to think that I am almost half way there is exciting. Plus, I know that people try and try and try so for us to get pregnant right away is a blessing.

The first trimester was not great, but it could have been worse.  I felt very nauseous, always hungry but nothing ever sounded good to eat. I didn't eat many of the normal things that I ate, except pickles of course. Those almost always sounded good and still do! The only things that really ever sounded good were fruits and vegetables, which I guess isn't a horrible thing. A lot of things just made me feel nauseous. We went to New York and all the hot dog stands on the corners made me want to throw up! I actually only threw up once. Very thankful for that. I was also very exhausted! One Saturday I nearly slept all day! Anyway, the good thing is that throughout all of our appointments they said everything was great with the baby.

These days things are much better! Like I said I am 19 weeks now. Well, depending on what due date you use. I have had several different dates...December 23, 26, 28 31 and January 1. I am hoping that the baby comes in December, but as long as he or she is healthy I don't really mind! Anyway, according to the book the baby is about the size of a large mango although, I feel like I'm the size of a basketball! Random people are starting to comment on the pregnancy which is a little weird but exciting as well. I've joined a fitness class through the hospital where I will be delivering the baby. It is a stretching and toning class, but the greatest part is that there are about 10 other pregnant woman there. We spend a lot of time chatting while exercising and learning a lot about pregnancy that most people don't tell you!  It is so much fun to see them every week and to talk about our pregnancies. Also, in a couple weeks it is partners week! Dan is thrilled about coming to the class. Ok, not really, but I think I'll be able to drag him along.

We don't know if the baby is a boy or girl yet, but we should be able to find out on Tuesday! I am so excited to know! A lot of people ask what we want, a boy or girl. I really honestly don't care, which is good because I don't have a choice! I would love a boy since my little nephew, Casyen was just born in June. It would be fun to see them grow up together. Anyway, two of my good friends are having girls in October and December, so that would be fun to have a girl too! As long as our baby is a Lakers fan I think Dan will be happy! I just want a healthy baby. I will definitely post shortly after we find out.

I will leave you with some pictures of our little one...

Looking cozy...

His or her arms. Don't you want a hug?  :)

The little legs...crossed...like a little lady?

Have a great week!
Love,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Love the blog & we cant wait to hear if baby Jonas is a he or she!! And regardless, they will DEFINITELY be a lakers fan...just as our girl will be as well! :)

    Hope your feeling well & cant wait to see you at your shower!!

    Love Ang

    ReplyDelete