Thursday, August 25, 2011

Earthquake and Hurricane Irene

What a week it has been. Lets start with the Earthquake. Dan and I were both in the office when it happened. I was sitting at my desk and everything shook a little. I thought it was just construction or something. It stopped for a second and then really shook! I just sat there for a couple seconds and watched my tall file cabinets shake back and forth. Once it stopped I ran and stood in the doorway and looked down the hall to see if I was just crazy! We all just kind of looked at each other and were like what in the world was that!? We were then told to evacuate the building. We stayed outside for 20-30 minutes while they inspected the building. It was a beautiful day out so no complaints from me! We tried to call people or text and our phones wouldn't work at all! I did see people updating on Facebook about the quake and was amazed at how the news instantly traveled. Anyway, we went back inside the building and got back to work! Nothing fell off my desk or looked like it was disturbed. Crazy. Everything was ok where Cohen was, too. We got home and our apartment was a mess. There were things scattered on the floor, Cohen's toys everywhere...ok that may or may not have been due to the Earthquake! Haha. Anyway, I thought it was an interesting experience, and glad that it wasn't worse!

Oh Irene! Forecast for Saturday: Rain. Sunday:Wind and Rain. That's about all I know right now. More to update this weekend! Hopefully nothing too crazy!

Speaking of crazy....



 What's with the crazy eyes?

 Love this picture of Cohen and Dan!

 Going for a walk and staring at the cars



See the little bruise on his cheek? Little buddy fell at daycare and bonked his cheek. It happened the same day as the Earthquake. Lets just say that the Earthquake had something to do with it. It sounds much cooler!


 Another favorite of Dan and Cohen. So so so sweet!


 Cruisin' on the Space Vehicle!

WHEEEEEE!

Love, 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment