Sunday, November 20, 2011

What a Week!

It has been quite the exciting week and busy weekend! On Monday night it was official...I won the football pool at work! Finally! It was down to Dan and myself, but I ended up winning. Not only did I win bragging rights, I also won $85.

Then at the end of the week we had our final weigh-in for our "Get Fit Challenge" at work. Each of the 24 people who participated put in $20 and then the company put in $300. Whoever lost the highest percentage of weight would win all the money...$780! Dan and I participated and we I worked really hard and Dan worked kind of hard. :) I ended up getting first place and Dan got second! I lost 15 lbs and Dan lost 12 in 2 1/2 months. That's what eating healthy and working out can do for you. The challenge definitely motivated us. There were many nights that I  dragged myself to the gym, and said "no" to Mountain Dew and Reeses Pumpkins! Now that is dedication!

So that's Katie-2 and Dan-0! Not that anyone is keeping track ;)

On Saturday Morning we had our work holiday party. It was held at a bowling alley and was a lot of fun. There was a breakfast buffet, lots of prizes and of course, bowling! We had our first babysitter who wasn't family. Dan's cousin's girlfriend's sister (haha) watched Cohen, so we had nothing to worry about, but it was still a little strange. She was really sweet, and I think Cohen had fun! He has been fighting a cold this week and getting more teeth, but has still been in pretty good spirits. Anyway, the party was so much fun. And I won a raffle prize! I won a Kindle Fire. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I'm pretty excited. I'm not sure if I have ever really won a raffle prize, so it's kind of a big deal. Haha. However, Dan did beat me in bowling so I guess the score is Katie-2 Dan-1. Here are a couple pictures from the party...


Dan and I 
My HR team with the Grinch

Then after the party we had the whole Gerding family over for fried tacos. They are always a big hit, and it was fun to have everyone over. And can you believe I didn't even take a picture?

So Sunday morning. We had our family pictures taken. I found a deal on living social and everything worked out so well! The photographer gave us a list of locations to choose from. Dan and I picked the Georgetown Waterfront location in hopes of stopping my Georgetown Cupcakes after. Well, it worked out perfectly. The place that the photographer had us meet was just a couple blocks from the cupcakes! The photo session went pretty well, and I'm very excited to see the pictures! It was only $45 and we get to pick out 20 pictures to put on a disk to do whatever we want with, plus we get an 8 X 10. Anyway, the cupcakes were delicious! 

 Enjoying the cupcakes!


Surprisingly we were able to save some for later

Ok, so after the photo shoot and  cupcakes, we headed to the Redskins/ Cowboys game. We went with the Gerdings and some folks from the office.  Our little ball of energy aka Cohen had a lot of fun running around and exploring.  

 So, when we first moved out here we bought my nephew this Redskins jersey. Well, they gave the jersey back to us for Cohen to wear! Fits perfectly! Thanks guys!

Cohen with my boss, Craig!

Cohen and Craig again






Family picture. Since Dan has no Redskins gear, he wore an old Cowboys jersey. And the t-shirt I'm wearing is the only Redskins thing I own. We are still Vikings fans...don't you all worry!

 Cohen says, "No more family pictures!"


 Playing with the lady in the suite next to us. 

 Arte and Christina


 Patrick, Mandy and Melissa

 Cohen was so tired. Cuddling with Daddy.



Playing with Christina


 Cohen fell asleep in Arte's arms. So sweet!

 Still sleeping..

 Waiting for everyone to leave...Heidi watching the man mowing the field...her dream job. Haha!




The Gerding Family, minus Andrew.

So it turned out to be a pretty good weekend despite Cohen waking up looking like this on Saturday morning...



Some major bed-head, sad eyes, and yes, that is a snot bubble! 

P.S. I guess since the Cowboys beat the Redskins and Dan was wearing Cowboys gear, I guess he gets a point half of a point...final score Katie- 2 and Dan- 1.5.... :)

Love, 
Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment